HORSERADISH MASH & CARAMELISED ONION with Bean Supreme Roasted Red Onion Sausage
CARAMELISED RED ONION
- 2 red onions – peeled and finely sliced
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500g starchy potatoes (e.g. Agria, King Edward), peeled and quartered
- 25g butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½-1 Tbsp grated horseradish (from a jar)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Ground white or black pepper
- 1 packet Bean Supreme Roasted Red Onion Sausages – cooked
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl mix sliced onion, olive oil, sugar, balsamic, thyme (optional) and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread over a baking tray and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until onions are sticky and caramelised.
- In a medium saucepan, boil potatoes until cooked. Drain well and place back into pan. Roughly mash, then add butter, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper. Mash again until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, place a dollop of horseradish mashed potato on the plate, top with cooked Bean Supreme Roasted Red Onion Sausages and caramelised onion.