Pear, Parmesan, Walnut and Hoisen Tofu Salad
- 1 block Bean Supreme Marinated Hoisen & Sesame Tofu, cut into small slices (reserve sauce)
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1.5 Tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 pears (still firm and crisp)
- 200g mixed salad greens
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick fry pan & dry roast the walnuts for a few minutes, until they are fragrant. Remove from the heat and roughly chop.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil to the pan & once heated add sliced tofu with Hoisen sauce. Cook tofu on both sides, until it is warmed through, then add reserved sauce to the pan & gently cook until the liquid is reduced.
- Slice the pears thinly. Brush with remaining oil on pear slices & toast in moderate oven, 150°C, for 15 minutes.
- Blend together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Wash salad greens & place on a serving dish. Add walnuts, tofu, pears and balsamic blend and gently mix together.
- Shave some parmesan cheese & scatter on top & serve.