Vege Mince Lasagne
- 1 x 500g packet Bean Supreme Bolognese Vegetarian Mince in Sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large aubergine sliced into 1cm rounds (seasoned with salt & pepper) – optional
- 200g fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 1 recipe of Bechamel sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
For the Bechamel Sauce:
- 40g butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 500ml milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground white pepper
- If using aubergine, brush both sides with olive oil and pan fry until cooked and gloden brown. Set aside.
- Make bechamel sauce in a medium saucepan. Melt butter over a medium heat. Add flour and stir into a paste. Cook while stirring for 1 – 2 minutes. Add milk a little at a time, and using a whisk, stir constantly to stop lumps forming. Gently bring to the boil then simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C for fanbake. Lightly grease a deep oven dish (approx 21cm x 12cm) with olive oil. Place a layer of pasta over the bottom. Add half of the Bean Supreme bolognese mince and half the fried aubergine. Add another layer of pasta and cover with half the bechamel sauce. Repeat, finishing with the bechamel sauce. Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling at the sides. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve with a fresh crisp salad.