Tofu Summer Rolls
- 1 packet Hoisin & Sesame marinated Tofu, sliced (Bean Supreme)
- 50g Vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 4 baby carrots, julienned (we love Wilcox)
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 8 Rice paper sheets
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Mint (we love Superb Herb)
- Peanuts – toasted and chopped
- 1 avocado (we love NZ Avocado)
- Cook sliced tofu on a non stick frypan over medium high heat. 1-2 minutes each side or until heated through and slightly brown. Pour over the packet marinade last minute. Remove tofu from pan and set aside. Pour the marinade into a pottle as dipping sauce – set aside.
- Prepare the vermicelli according to the packet instructions. Cut into shorter manageable length.
- Dampen a clean kitchen towel and put on a clean surface. Prepare the rice paper sheets according to the instructions on the packet. Keep the hydrated rice paper on the damp towel.
- Roll the summer rolls. On a rice paper, place vegetables, tofu, peanuts and a small clump of noodles then fold the sides over the filling and roll tightly. Repeat.
- Cut rolls in half and enjoy them fresh with a bowl of the dipping sauce and Sprinkle a little black sesame seeds over.
SERVES: 4 / Prep time 15 mins / cooking time 8 mins