Stir-Fry Ginger & Honey Marinated Tofu with Vegetables
- 1 block Bean Supreme Marinated Tofu with Honey & Ginger, sliced into strips (reserve sauce)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and cut into long strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 150g mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
- rice or noodles to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add tofu slices & cook until browned. Add reserved sauce & continue to cook until the liquid has reduced. Remove tofu from the pan & set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Stir-fry onion & garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add carrots & zucchini & cook for 3-4 minutes. Add capsicum & mushrooms & continue to cook, stirring often until vegetables are just cooked.
- Add tofu along with snow peas, sprouts, sauces, pumpkin seeds & coriander leaves & warm through. Serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles of your choice.
- Open pack & remove tofu. Set aside marinade, then slice or dice the tofu.
- Quickly fry tofu until browned in a lightly oiled pan.
- Add marinade to the tofu & continue cooking until the marinade reduces down, covering the tofu in a sticky glaze.
- Serve with almost anything; asian broth, stirfried vegetables, steamed rice, egg noodles or fried rice
SERVES: 2 to 3