Sausage and Tomato Vegetarian Risotto
- oil spray
- 6 Bean Supreme Rosemary, Sage & Parsley Vegetarian Sausages, cut in 2cm chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 3 courgettes, diced
- 2 cups green beans, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan, to garnish
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- black pepper, to season
Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, stirring, until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Spray pan again with oil and return to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until softened but not browned. Add rice to pan and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Add tomatoes and juice to pan and stir. Cook until juice is absorbed, then add stock and hot water, a ladleful at a time as it absorbs.
When rice is nearly cooked, add asparagus, courgettes and beans to risotto and stir to combine. Continue adding stock and as much water as necessary, until rice is cooked to al denté and vegetables are tender.
Add sausages back into pan and stir to combine. Divide risotto between 4 seving bowls and garnish with parmesan, basil and black pepper.
SERVES: 4 / Time to make: 30 mins