Mango Cheesecake with Soft Tofu
- ¾ cup whole almonds – roasted
- ½ cup cashews – roasted
- ¼ cup shelled pistachio
- ½ cup coconut – shredded
- 1½ cup dates – pitted
- 20-23cm round spring form cake tin lined with baking paper
- In a food processor, place almonds, cashews, pistachios, coconut and dates. Pulse until nuts are broken down into 2mm pieces and mix is starting to look sticky.
- Press mix firmly into the bottom of the lined tin. Chill in fridge while you make the filling.
- 2 blocks Bean Supreme Soft Tofu (2x300g)
- Zest and juice from a lemon
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil – melted (70g)
- Place tofu, lemon zest and juice, lime juice, vanilla, sugar and salt into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, then gradually add the melted coconut oil and blend for another minute.
- Pour into the chilled base and place in fridge for at least 4 hours to set (overnight is best).
- Remove from the tin and carefully slice into wedges. Serve with the Mango & Pineapple topping.
MANGO & PINEAPPLE TOPPING:
- 425g tin of mango in syrup – blended to a puree (including syrup)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1-2 large tsp corn flour (mixed with a small amount of water to make a slurry.
- Place mango puree, lime, pineapple and corn flour slurry into a saucepan. While mixing over a medium heat bring to the boil.
- Chill then serve with slices of the cheese cake.
SERVES: 12 / Prep time 45 mins / cooking time 25 mins