FANCY MINCE & CHEESE PIES with Bean Supreme Vegetarian Mince
- 1 x 400g packet Bean Supreme Vegetarian Mince in Bolognese Sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 sheets ready rolled flaky pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 recipe of Ricotta and Basil Pesto filling
For the Ricotta and Basil Pesto filling:
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp basil pesto (75g)
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese (30g)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Place mince in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes until reduced and thickened slightly. Set aside.
- Make ricotta filling. In a small bowl place the ricotta, basil pesto, parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C for fan bake. Lightly grease a 2 muffin tins with olive oil. Cut out rounds of pastry (approx. 8.5 cm) to line the base of the tins and lightly press in. They should come ¾ of the way up the sides of the tins.
- Place a large teaspoonful of the thickened Bean Supreme Bolognese sauce into each pastry and then top with a large teaspoonful of the ricotta filling.
- Cut out rounds of pastry for the tops. They should be slightly smaller than the base rounds, approx. 6.5cm. Brush edges with egg and place on top of the filling. Lightly press edges together to seal. With a sharp knife or fork, prick the tops. Brush with egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and puffy. Leave to cool in trays for 5 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack. Serve warm.
Makes 24 individual pies for entertaining